- This event has passed.
Tech Showcase & Pitch Competition
August 4 @ 8:00 am - August 5 @ 7:00 pm EDT
Register Here: https://www.rtrx.co/register-2021
Apply to Tech Competition: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZfPQ2B_RcwXpcaKRxETEusOnVUICn8Tu6fkHoW4_XJMEZhw/viewform
Since 2011, the RTRX conference has brought leaders and forward thinkers together. This year, RTRX, Heartland Ventures, and Stansbury Weaver are partnering to convene and feature the most innovative startups in the Midwest, to benefit Pelotonia and showcase Midwest tech talent.
The search for the top Midwest startups begins now!
The theme of the competition is sustainability. We are seeking Midwest-based founders who are prioritizing the triple bottom line: planet, people, and profits. We are excited to be a part of this year’s conference and invite founders, investors, and business leaders to participate with us.
Apply to showcase your company for a chance to win $35,000 Grand Prize!
The Top 10 companies making the biggest societal, social, or environmental impact will receive: Free admission to the RTRX conference
VIP access to a networking lunch hosted by Heartland Ventures
Trade show booth with prime location at the RTRX Welcome Happy Hour
The Top 3 will be chosen to make a 10-minute presentation to all of the conference attendees. The RTRX audience will vote on the winning solution that is making the biggest impact, and the founder will be awarded the Grand Prize of $25,000 along with $10,000 worth of legal services!
Tech showcase and pitch competition finalists will be announced Monday, July 26th. Accepting applications from all startups until July 21, 2021 at 11:59pm.
What types of startups should apply?
All innovative startups working to provide sustainable solutions are encouraged to apply. Applicants are not limited to a single sector or industry. We encourage pre-seed, seed stage, and series A stage companies to apply. Product must be technology.
If you have a successful application, you will be invited to the RTRX conference on August 4th and 5th. 10 companies will be invited to a VIP lunch hosted by Heartland on the 4th and have the opportunity to set up a booth at the happy hour event that evening. From these finalists, 3 will be selected to pitch to a live audience of several hundred people at 1pm on Thursday, August 5th. The audience will vote on their favorite and that founder will receive a cash prize and free legal services.
Companies are judged on:
● Concept: Does it solve a severe problem in industry or society? How big is the addressable market? Are you disrupting an existing market or creating a new one?
● Team: Does the team have the passion to solve the problem and the experience/ expertise to bring this vision to life?
● Execution: Are there early indicators of growth, revenue, or other measurable traction? What is the strategy for product development, marketing, sales, and sustainability?
● Impact: Does this business measurably improve our environment and have societal impact in a profitable way?
What are the benefits to applying?
● All applicants will have their companies reviewed by the Heartland Ventures investment team and RTRX team.
● All applicants will be considered for the RTRX tech event and provided discounted tickets
● The chance to pitch in front of several hundred people and receive $25,000 cash and $10,000 worth of legal services provided by Stansbury Weaver.
If I am selected as a finalist, what happens next?
● Finalists will be notified on a rolling basis and announced on July 26th.
● Applications will be accepted will be accepted until midnight on July 21, 2021.
● Confirm that you are available to participate at the times indicated for August 4th and 5th at Express Live in Columbus, OH!
○ August 4th:
■ VIP lunch hosted by Heartland at 12 pm
■ Happy hour with a booth from 4-7 pm
○ August 5th:
■ 3 finalists will present at 1 pm
● Submit a final pitch deck for the competition, subject to specifications on content and slide count. (A template will be provided for your convenience)
● Sign a release, granting Heartland VC and RTRX permission to use your company and persons affiliated with your company in promotional and press materials for the tour.
Food and beverage will be provided at the conference, but Heartland Ventures will not be responsible for any accommodation expenses.
For inquiries about hotel blocks and other questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.